The uniqueness of the Gerber MP 600 multi tools. All models as below listed were specially designed to be used in emergency or in action, military operations or domestic use. Variable features for the models could be enjoyed as a complex of the MP 600.
Gerber MP600 Military Issue Multi Tool
The Gerber Company is one of the top three global multi tool manufacturers. Joseph Gerber founded this company to make knives and multifunctional tools for survival in 1939. The founder survived the First World War and the Great Depression, so he created the ideal tools for tourists and the military. Some models of Gerber multi tools are featured on the official US Army List of Weapons.
Each Gerber item is made of high grade steel. Knives have perfect balancing. Military models have tools for cleaning and quick disassembly of weapons. And also flat-nose pliers or nippers for sappers performance.
Gerber MP (Multi-Pliers) 600 Modifications Compared
MP600 was specially designed for expert hikers to be used on extreme routes and the military.
Basic - Needlenose Black
w/ Carbide Insert Cutters
Bladeless Needle Nose
DET Black, Sheath
Sight Tool Black
Pro Scout Needle Nose
The multipurpose tool is made of stainless steel. Included in a complete set of 14 necessary devices are:
- blunt pliers;
- pliers with tungsten carbide cutting inserts;
- interchangeable cutting inserts;
- pliers for wire number 26 (0.4 mm) and number 2 (fish hook);
- sharp knife;
- knife with serrated blade;
- crosshead screwdriver;
- flat screwdrivers of small, medium and large size;
- strap ring;
- bottle/can opener.
You can open the multi tool with only one hand. Reliable fixation pin combined with additional external cover would prevent its self-opening inside your back-pack or pocket.
Model weight – 225 gr. Dimensions – 12.4 by 16 cm. This Gerber is not designed for constant carrying with you, since this one is not light or compact.
MP600 Benefits Review
The Gerber 600 model with 14 built-in tools needed as a campaign device, life-saver or working tool is proudly manufactured in the United States. Here are the basic advantages:
- sharp knife blades with laser sharpening from the manufacturer;
- ergonomic handle-body fits comfortably in your hand;
- sharp pliers for metal wire;
- full set of necessary screwdrivers (cross and flat);
- pliers with a three-sided blade that can be rotated instead of sharpening;
- quick access to pliers – by pressing a pair of locking buttons;
- patented tool locking system – the multi tool will not open up by itself;
- secure fixation of each tool.
The manufacturer guarantees a lifetime quality for this model.
Gerber MP600 Reviews
Model Gerber MP600 Bladeless Basic Review
This advanced MP600 model from Gerber is equipped with one optional non-sharp blade. Such option proved necessary for the security and the military, who work at the sites where sharp piercing weapons are prohibited.
The multi tool is made of 420 NC stainless steel. Equipped with springing pliers having strong triangular inserts made of tungsten carbide. There is a replaceable saw, a file, a bottle opener and a can opener. The complete set of screw-drivers is equal to that in the “original”.
- the ability to use multi tool on locations and in premises where it is forbidden to carry knives (hospitals, industrial facilities);
- high strength and durability of stainless steel;
- stylish black finish;
- opening with one hand.
Model MP600 DET Black, Sheath Basic Review
Its compact size and non-reflective black coating are part of the advantages list for this multi tool. Basic optional feature is the availability of forceps for crimping explosive caps and piercers. Also there is the extremely sharp blade (RemGrit) for quick-and-efficient cutting of strong cables. The package includes a cover made of ballistic nylon fabric.
Model DET Benefits
- does not reflect sunlight, which is important during combat operations;
- special nozzles for clamping explosive caps;
- heavy-duty “holster” that protects the multi tool from damage;
- large number of built-in tools – 15 pcs.
Model Gerber MP600 Sight Tool Review
An updated version of the Gerber MP-600 multi tool was specially developed for the military using rifles in combat. The multifunctional tool provides an elongated Philips drive with a serrated blade and a tip with a thin edge. The package includes a coal scraper for weapon maintenance and a front sight adjusting tool.
The MP600 30-000588 model matches the new standard for a multi tool for military use. The tool is covered with a special black layer that does not reflect sunlight. Its durable carrying case ensures safe storage and handling.
- availability of carbon scraper for cleaning weapons;
- long Philips drive for sight adjustment;
- elongated screwdriver;
- one-handed opening for quick access to the tip of the pliers needle;
- pliers with a three-sided sharp blade that can be rotated when one side is blunting.
Model MP600 Pro Scout Needle Nose Stainless, Sheath Review
A variant of the popular MP600 model from Gerber designed for those travelling off the beaten paths, on military service or for domestic needs. This multi tool actually benefits from having the complete set of 6 optional pliers: three bits with needles and three configurations with a blunt nose.
- 14 tools in the multifunction tool;
- patented protection system (closure) installed;
- you can access pliers with one hand;
- 6 options for pliers;
- body made of durable stainless steel.
Why are Gerber multipurpose tools so popular?
The Gerber Company is the leading global manufacturer of knives and multi tools. Its multifunctional tools are widely used by soldiers and engineers of the US Army.
Both tourists and hikers keen in survival value multi tools by Gerber considerably.
Distinctive features of all MP600 models
- stainless steel body;
- comfortable carrying case made of durable fabric;
- at least 14 options of tools in one set;
- patented equipment closure system;
- opening access to pliers with one hand;
- lack of backlash and shakiness;
- ease of use of all MP600 options;
- additional tools in the configuration, depending on the model;
- lifetime quality assurance from the manufacturer from the United States.
According to consumer reviews, the Gerber brand is reported as really producing highly reliable and durable multi tools.